Quadriga, the leading global provider of guest-facing technology solutions for the hospitality industry, today announced the results of its FY14 financials for Quadriga Americas. Quadriga Americas provides a complete complement of Free-To-Guest, IPTV, HSIA and Network Services utilising Quadriga’s advanced range of technologies, which today support the global hospitality sector’s largest number of IP-over-coax installations and more than 100,000 HSIA installations.
Financial results for FY14
The following final results are for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014 (FY14)
- Net revenues rose 14.5% from the prior year with the biggest gain coming from installation revenues, driven from an accelerating room growth of IPTV and HSIA solutions
- Gross margin increased by 47% driven by gains in revenues and efficiencies in labor costs from installations
- Operating expenses remained flat against the prior year, highlighting management’s effective control of costs and its commitment to improving operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining a standard of technical service consistent with industry standards
- EBITDA grew by 44% from the prior year
Sales achievements and product innovation to benefit customers
Quadriga Americas celebrated a number of sales and operational achievements in FY14 and introduced product innovations to benefit its growing customer base:
- The Sensiq contracted room base increased 87% from the prior year lowering CAPEX charges per room, due to scale and technology advancements, for example the company’s ‘All-in-One Server Solution’
- The first and the only industry deployment of a non-STB SmartTV solution to run seamlessly on both the Samsung and LG platforms with First Run Hollywood Movie Content from Hollywood’s major movie studios
- Following an investment in the sales organisation, Jeffrey Clement joined Quadriga Americas to provide technical sales support and country-wide deployment of Smart-TV technology
- Stable year-on-year viewing levels of First Run Hollywood Movie Content that produced guest revenue of more than $30 / room / month in the company’s leading properties
- Notable brand signings including Hyatt, Starwood and Four Seasons
- The signing of Trump Doral added to the growing Quadriga portfolio of prestigious golf resorts, including Pebble Beach Lodge, Turnberry and Gleneagles
- Multi-property contracts signed with the Sixty Hotel and Parker groups
- MGM deployment of Quadriga’s HSIA solution (QConnect) in the guest rooms and public spaces of the 1,728-room MGM Signature in Las Vegas
- HSIA operational excellence with 0.075 tickets per user recorded across the Quadriga Americas HSIA estate
Christopher Sophinos, Quadriga Americas CEO comments: "Quadriga’s advanced technology allows us to deliver the same reliable software and hardware solutions in North America that our customers experience in other locations around the globe.
"This allows us to cost-effectively leverage our value proposition which we deliver in 53 countries, supporting the evolving business needs of global hotel brands, including Starwood, Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Four Seasons and Hyatt.
"For Quadriga Worldwide, I am pleased to report that the business financial performance remains solid: with FY14 revenues of over $110m and $20m of positive EBITDA."