Total tourism & leisure industry deals for August 2020 worth $1.81bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.9% over the previous month and a drop of 64.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.12bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28.4% over the last 12-month average with 68 deals against the average of 95 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $849.37m.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in August 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 72.2% of the overall value during August 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $1.31bn, against the overall value of $1.81bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of August 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Friedkin Group’s $700.17m acquisition of AS Roma
2) The $200m private equity deal with Surf Air by Global Emerging Markets
3) Nueva Inversiones Pacifico Sur’s $160m acquisition of Sun Dreams
4) The $150m private equity deal with Despegar.com by L Catterton
5) Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Kinnevik, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates and Temasek Holdings (Private)’s venture financing of Omio for $100m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.