Total tourism & leisure industry deals for September 2019 worth $8.96bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 58.9% over the previous month and a rise of 15.04% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.79bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.9% over the last 12-month average with 108 deals against the average of 109 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.13bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 84.2% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $7.54bn, against the overall value of $8.96bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mirae Asset Global Investments’ $5.8bn private equity deal with Anbang Insurance Group
2) The $596.06m asset transaction with Principal Real Estate by AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets
3) Imperial Companies’ $516.3m asset transaction with Caesars Entertainment
4) The $331.1m private equity deal with Six Nations Rugby by CVC Capital Partners SICAV-FIS
5) Boyu Capital Consultancy, CCB International (Holdings), Huazhu Hotels Group and Yunfeng Capital’s venture financing of Chengjia Apartment for $300m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.