The availability of in-room Wi-Fi internet access directly impacts on the hotel choice a guest makes, according to a recent survey.

A Hotel Internet Services survey of over 1,400 people who had recently used the internet during a hotel stay showed 92% of respondents view in-room access as very important, with the remaining 8% saying it was somewhat important.

When asked if having guest room internet services available influenced their decision to stay at a particular hotel, 71% said very much so, and 25% said somewhat so.

When asked if they prefer Wi-Fi or wired connectivity, 69% said they preferred Wi-Fi, 10% prefer a wired connection and 21% have no preference.

By staff writer