Total tourism & leisure industry deals for April 2020 worth $4.86bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 67.4% over the previous month and a drop of 45.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.86bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 50% over the last 12-month average with 57 deals against the average of 114 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.81bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 81.5% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $3.96bn, against the overall value of $4.86bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management and Silver Lake Partners’ $1.2bn private equity deal with Expedia Group
2) The $1bn private equity deal with Airbnb by Silver Lake Management and TPG Sixth Street Partners
3) Legend Capital’s $1bn venture financing of Qingju
4) The $400m venture financing of Via Transportation by Broadscale Group, Ervington Investments- Cyprus, Exor International, 83North Venture Capital, Hearst Ventures, Macquarie Capital (Europe), Mori Trust, Pitango Growth, Planven Investments, RiverPark Ventures and Shell Ventures
5) Midnight Acacia Holdings Pte.’s private equity deal with Crown Resorts for $357.42m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.