Total tourism & leisure industry deals for July 2019 worth $9.49bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 69.4% over the previous month and a rise of 31.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.22bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 13.3% over the last 12-month average with 119 deals against the average of 105 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $3.9bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 65.9% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $6.26bn, against the overall value of $9.49bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) SAZKA Group’s $2.83bn acquisition of Greek Organization of Football Prognostics
2) The $2bn acquisition of Oravel Stays by RA Hospitality Holdings
3) Daimler, European Investment Bank, General Atlantic, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $560.88m venture financing of FlixMobility
4) The $463.6m acquisition of Peak Resorts by Vail Resorts
5) Queensgate Investments’s private equity deal with Ron Burkle and Sydell Group for $400m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.