Total tourism & leisure industry deals for June 2020 worth $4.09bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 934.5% over the previous month and a drop of 49.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.04bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 35.2% over the last 12-month average with 68 deals against the average of 105 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $2.35bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in June 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 88.8% of the overall value during June 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $3.63bn, against the overall value of $4.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of June 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Evolution Gaming Group’s $2.32bn acquisition of NetEnt
2) The $876.42m private equity deal with Sun International by Nueva Inversiones Pacifico Sur
3) Atreides Management, Fidelity Investments, Greenoaks Capital Management, Greylock Partners, iNovia Capital, Lennar, Spark Capital, Tao Capital Partners, Valor Equity Management and Westcap Mgt.’s $170m venture financing of sonder
4) The $159.96m acquisition of Summit Ascent Holdings by Suncity Group Holdings
5) GFI Capital Resources Group’s asset transaction with for $110m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.