Total tourism & leisure industry deals for Q2 2020 worth $8.34bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 59.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 67.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $26.09bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 49% over the last four-quarter average with 177 deals against the average of 347 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.3bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 69.4% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $5.79bn, against the overall value of $8.34bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Evolution Gaming Group’s $2.32bn acquisition of NetEnt
2) The $1.2bn private equity deal with Expedia Group by Apollo Global Management and Silver Lake Partners
3) Silver Lake Management and TPG Sixth Street Partners’ $1bn private equity deal with Airbnb
4) The $876.42m private equity deal with Sun International by Nueva Inversiones Pacifico Sur
5) Broadscale Group, Ervington Investments- Cyprus, Exor International, 83North Venture Capital, Hearst Ventures, Macquarie Capital (Europe), Mori Trust, Pitango Growth, Planven Investments, RiverPark Ventures and Shell Ventures’ venture financing of Via Transportation for $400m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.