Total tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in Q1 2020 worth $573.62m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 65.03% over the previous quarter and a drop of 74.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $2.26bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $312.94m. At the country level, India topped the list in terms of deal value at $224.34m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q1 2020 was the US with 23 deals, followed by India with 14 and China with six.
In 2020, as of the end of Q1 2020, tourism & leisure venture financing deals worth $573.62m were announced globally, marking a decrease of 76.2% year on year.
Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in Q1 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals accounted for 43.6% of the overall value during Q1 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure venture financing deals stood at $250m, against the overall value of $573.62m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q1 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Accel, B Capital Group, Bruno Raschle, Chiratae Ventures, Falcon Edge Capital, IDG Ventures India AdvisorsLtd., Maverick Capital, Omidyar Network, Qualcomm Ventures, SEI Investments, Sequoia Capital Operations and Vistra ITCL (India)’s $105m venture financing of WickedRide Adventure Services
2) The $50m venture financing of Professional Fighters League by Matterhorn Group and SWaN & Legend Venture Partners
3) LGT Lightstone Aspada’s $35m venture financing of Vogo Automotive
4) The $30m venture financing of ZoomCar India by Sony Innovation Fund
5) Comcast Ventures, David Hamamoto, Global Founders Capital, Jim Ketai, JLL Spark, Shinola Hotel, Sound Ventures, Thayer Ventures, Tiger Global Management and Trinity Ventures’ venture financing of Local.House International for $30m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.