Total tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020 worth $975.49m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 11% over the previous quarter and a drop of 34.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.49bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $512.78m. At the country level, Indonesia topped the list in terms of deal value at $250m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2020 was the US with 12 deals, followed by China with nine and India with eight.
In 2020, as of the end of Q3 2020, tourism & leisure venture financing deals worth $2.66bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 64.1% year on year.
Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals accounted for 60.6% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure venture financing deals stood at $591m, against the overall value of $975.49m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) East Ventures, FWD Group, GIC, Qatar Investment Authority and Siam Commercial Bank’s $250m venture financing of Traveloka Group of Companies
2) The $110m venture financing of Tonal Systems by L Catterton, Mayfield Fund, Michelle Wie, Mousse Partners, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Sapphire Sport, Shasta Ventures Management, Stephen Curry and Transformational Healthcare Venture Capital
3) Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Kinnevik, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates and Temasek Holdings (Private)’s $100m venture financing of Omio
4) The $75m venture financing of KKday.com InternationalLtd by Cool Japan Fund, MindWorks Capital, Monk’s Hill Ventures and National Development Fund
5) Investcorp Bank, Mirae Asset Global Investments, Nexus Venture Partners and Trifecta Capital Advisors’ venture financing of ZoloStays Property Solutions for $56m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.