Europe’s tourism & leisure industry saw a rise of 28.57% in deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 27 tourism & leisure industry deals worth $1.3bn were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 21 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in June 2021 with 12 transactions, representing a 44.4% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with eight deals, followed by private equity deals with seven transactions, respectively capturing a 29.6% and 25.9% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Europe’s tourism & leisure industry with $773.51m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $378.19m and $132.36m, respectively.
Europe tourism & leisure industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 93.1% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $1.2bn, against the overall value of $1.28bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake in Atletico HoldCo by Ares Management
3) Cerberus Capital Management and Highgate Hotels’ $162.23m private equity deal with Dorsett Hospitality (UK) and Mazuma
4) The $95.23m venture financing of Urban Sports by Claret Capital Partners, HV Capital Adviser, INKEF Capital, Partech Partners, Rocket Internet, RTP Global – UK and SevenGrowth
5) Lifespot Capital’s acquisition of Munich Hotel Invest for $71.85m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.