Total tourism & leisure industry cross border deals worth $7.15bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 607.9% over the previous month of $1.01bn and a rise of 297.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.8bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 33.33% with 24 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 18 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $6.83bn in March 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry cross border deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 97.8% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $7bn, against the overall value of $7.15bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry cross border deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $550.2m private equity deal with Kintetsu Group Holdings by Blackstone Group Holdings
3) BPI France, Certares Management, Credit Mutuel Equity and Nov Tourisme’s $154.42m private equity deal with Voyageurs du Monde
4) The $66.2m acquisition deal of Junglee Games IndiaLtd. by Flutter Entertainment
5) Cherry Ventures, E.Ventures, Kreos Capital Group and Soravia Group’s acquisition deal with COSI Hospitality for $23.76m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.