Total tourism & leisure industry cross border deals worth $7.15bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 607.9% over the previous month of $1.01bn and a rise of 297.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.8bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 33.33% with 24 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 18 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $6.83bn in March 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry cross border deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 97.8% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $7bn, against the overall value of $7.15bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry cross border deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $550.2m private equity deal with Kintetsu Group Holdings by Blackstone Group Holdings
3) BPI France, Certares Management, Credit Mutuel Equity and Nov Tourisme’s $154.42m private equity deal with Voyageurs du Monde
4) The $66.2m acquisition deal of Junglee Games IndiaLtd. by Flutter Entertainment
5) Cherry Ventures, E.Ventures, Kreos Capital Group and Soravia Group’s acquisition deal with COSI Hospitality for $23.76m.