Total tourism & leisure industry deals for December 2020 worth $3.32bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 73.7% over the previous month and a drop of 29.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.74bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.5% over the last 12-month average with 69 deals against the average of 78 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $2.55bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 78.2% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $2.6bn, against the overall value of $3.32bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Gamenet Group’s $1.33bn acquisition of Lottomatica Scommesse and Lottomatica Videolot Rete
2) The $740.09m private equity deal with McLaren Racing by MSP Sports Capital, The Najafi Companies and UBS OâConnor
3) Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ $250m acquisition of Caesars License Co
4) The $182.28m venture financing of Bolt Technology by D1 Capital Partners and Darsana Capital Partners
5) Sonesta International Hotels’ acquisition of Red Lion Hotels for $93.77m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.