Total tourism & leisure industry deals for October 2019 worth $17.6bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 96.4% over the previous month and a rise of 134.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.49bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 5.3% over the last 12-month average with 107 deals against the average of 113 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $14.8bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in October 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 82.3% of the overall value during October 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $14.48bn, against the overall value of $17.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of October 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The $6bn merger of The Stars Group and Paddy Power Betfair
2) The $4.25bn asset transaction with MGM Resorts International by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust
3) The Blackstone Group’s $1.89bn private equity deal with Great Wolf Resorts
4) The $1.5bn venture financing of Oravel Stays by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ritesh Agarwal, Sequoia India and SoftBank Vision Fund
5) VICI Properties’ asset transaction with for $843.3m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.