Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $1.6bn were announced globally for November 2022, with GBO’s $321.19m acquisition deal with BetFlag being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 53.8% over the previous month of $1.06bn and a drop of 72.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.93bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 24.69% with 61 deals in November 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 81 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $611.93m in November 2022.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 78.4% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.28bn, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) GBO’s $321.19m acquisition deal with BetFlag
2) The $300m asset transaction of Dream Hotel Group by Hyatt Hotels
3) Braemar Hotels & Resorts’s $267.8m asset transaction deal for 210-Room Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
4) The $222.97m acquisition of 10.2% stake in Songcheng Performing Arts Development by Huaneng Guicheng Trust and Jinyan Songyun Enterprise Management (Hangzhou) Partnership (Limited Partnership)
5) Banryu Golf’s $167.3m acquisition deal with Mermaid Sports