Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $10.6bn were announced globally for October 2021, with the $6.05bn private equity deal with Scientific Games being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 65.6% over the previous month of $30.87bn and a rise of 42.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.45bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 20.00% with 48 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 60 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $6.16bn in October 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
tourism & leisure industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 95.9% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $10.18bn, against the overall value of $10.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Business Partners $6.05bn private equity deal with Scientific Games
2) The $1.87bn private equity of 75% stake in VFS Global by The Blackstone Group
3) Alibaba Group Holding,Beijing Yingtong Technology,Changan Automobile,China FAW Group,CITIC,Dezaihou Capital,Dongfeng Motor,Hongwei Capital,Redview Capital,Tencent Investment,Tongcheng Travel and Virtue Capital $1.21bn venture financing deal with Nanjing Lingxing Technology
4) The $853m private equity of European Camping Group by PAI Partners
5) M&G Investment Management,Mubadala Capital,New Mountain Partners II,Northzone Ventures,Novator Partners,RTP Global – UK,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,SpeedInvest and White Star Capital $200m venture financing deal with TIER Mobility