Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $12.7bn were announced globally for April 2021, with the $5.5bn private equity deal with The Golden State Warriors being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 29.2% over the previous month of $17.87bn and a rise of 141.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.23bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 1.39% with 71 deals in April 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 72 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $8.25bn in April 2021.
tourism & leisure industry deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 84.5% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $10.69bn, against the overall value of $12.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Arctos Sports Partners $5.5bn private equity deal with The Golden State Warriors
2) The $2.5bn acquisition of Arsenal FC by Daniel Ek
3) Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore $1.5bn acquisition deal with Minnesota Lynx and Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball
4) The $650m merger of Gores Metropoulos II and Sonder by
5) Evolution Gaming Group $535.28m acquisition deal with Big Time Gaming