Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $15.1bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 309.2% over the previous month of $3.69bn and a rise of 278.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.99bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 16.90% with 83 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 71 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.64bn in March 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 95.04% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $14.35bn, against the overall value of $15.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $6bn private equity deal with Extended Stay America by Blackstone Capital Partners and Starwood Capital Group
3) Hilton Grand Vacations’ $1.4bn acquisition of Diamond Resorts International
4) The $550.2m private equity deal of Kintetsu Group Holdings by Blackstone Group Holdings
5) Affinity Equity Partners’ private equity deal with Plaza Premium Group for $200m.