Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $2bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $650m venture financing of FlixMobility being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.05% over the previous month of $4.15bn and a drop of 57.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.73bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 13.79% with 66 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 58 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $1.28bn in June 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 67.6% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.35bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake in Atletico HoldCo by Ares Management
3) Mwendo Holdings’ $181.5m acquisition of 21.4% stake in BetKing
4) The $162.23m private equity deal of Dorsett Hospitality (UK) and Mazuma by Cerberus Capital Management and Highgate Hotels
5) Canary Fund – Brazil, Globo Ventures, Iporanga Ventures, Lightrock, Monashees, SoftBank and Valor Capital Group’s venture financing deal with BUSER BRASIL TECNOLOGIA for $138.61m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.