Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $3.9bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the Allianz Global Investors, BlackRock Capital Investment, Indonesia Investment Authority and Orion Capital Asia’s $300m venture financing deal with PT Traveloka Indonesia being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 30.4% over the previous month of $5.56bn and a drop of 59.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.47bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 26.25% with 59 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 80 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $3.22bn in September 2022.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 13.9% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $536.06m, against the overall value of $3.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allianz Global Investors, BlackRock Capital Investment, Indonesia Investment Authority and Orion Capital Asia’s $300m venture financing deal with PT Traveloka Indonesia
2) The $79m acquisition of Ellis Park Race Course by Churchill Downs
3) Maverick Gaming’s $68m acquisition deal with Evergreen Gaming
4) The $45.06m asset transaction deal with Starwood Capital Group Management by Pandox
5) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’s $44m asset transaction deal with HR Group