Total Tourism & leisure industry deals worth $6.8bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $4.65bn acquisition of Denver Broncos being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 727.8% over the previous month of $822.69m and a drop of 1.02% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.88bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 25.42% with 74 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $4.87bn in June 2022.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 93.7% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $6.38bn, against the overall value of $6.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five Tourism & leisure industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Rob Walton $4.65bn acquisition deal with Denver Broncos
2) The $1.29bn private equity of Associazione Calcio Milan by RedBird Capital Partners
3) Entain $313.62m acquisition deal with BetCity Network
4) The $80m venture financing deal with Omio by Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Lazard Asset Management,New Enterprise Associates,Stack Capital Group and Temasek Holdings (Private)
5) Malpani Group $53.12m acuisition deal for 66.25% stake in Imagicaaworld Entertainment