Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $817.4m were announced globally for October 2022, with the $187.91m private equity deal with Premier Inn being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 79.2% over the previous month of $3.92bn and a drop of 87.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.62bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 36.25% with 51 deals in October 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 80 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $464.1m in October 2022.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 79.8% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $652.09m, against the overall value of $817.4m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) London + Regional Properties’s $187.91m private equity deal with Premier Inn
2) The $154m venture financing of TripActions by Andreessen Horowitz and Premji Invest
3) BlackRock and Promethean Investments’s $150m private equity deal with Puttshack
4) The $100m asset transaction of Hoteles City Express SAB de CV by Marriott International
5) Sofival and Three Hills Capital Partners’s $60.19m private equity deal with Castellet Hospitality