The $80m venture financing of Omio was the Tourism & leisure industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $202.5m were announced globally in June 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 118.3% over the previous month of $92.73m and a drop of 64.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $566.93m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $136.77m. At the country level, the Germany topped the list in terms of deal value at $81.78m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2022 was the US with five deals, followed by the UK with four and Germany with two.
In 2022, as of June, Tourism & leisure venture financing deals worth $1.68bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 38.2% year on year.
Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals accounted for 78.2% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five Tourism & leisure venture financing deals stood at $158.35m, against the overall value of $202.5m recorded for the month.
The top five Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Lazard Asset Management,New Enterprise Associates,Stack Capital Group and Temasek Holdings (Private) $80m venture financing deal with Omio
2) The $35m venture financing of Lottomatrix Operations by Accomplice Management,Arctos Sports Partners,Courtside Ventures,Elysian Park Ventures,Haslam Sports Group,James Harden,Jason Robins,Joel Embiid,Lil Baby,Michael Rubin,Mike Gordon,Sam Kennedy,Sapphire Sport,The Kraft Group and Theo Epstein
3) East Ventures and Falcon House Partners $18.1m venture financing deal with ISMAYA Group
4) The $15m venture financing of Comuto by International Finance
5) Accomplice,Corazon Capital,M25 Ventures,Math Venture Partners and New Stack Ventures $10.25m venture financing deal with TripScout