Total tourism & leisure industry M&A deals in August 2019 worth $2.76bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 85.9% over the previous month and a drop of 9.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.07bn.
The US held a 69.1% share of the global tourism & leisure industry M&A deal value that totalled $4bn in August 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 29 deals during August 2019, marking a decrease of 6.5% over the previous month and a rise of 16% over the 12-month average.
The US tourism & leisure industry M&A deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry M&A deals accounted for 95.6% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure M&A deals stood at $2.64bn, against the overall value of $2.76bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Joseph Tsai’s $2.35bn acquisition of NBA Media Ventures
2) The $100m acquisition of Grand River Jackpot by Accel Entertainment Gaming
3) Bilgili Holding, Deutsche Finance America and SHVO’s $87.85m asset transaction with Allan Herbert and Patti Herbert
4) The $52m asset transaction with Majestic Hotel SPA by Bilgili Holding, Deutsche Finance America and SHVO
5) Inland Real Estates Group of Companies’s asset transaction with GFI Capital Resources Group for $51.4m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.