French hotel group Accor plans to debut its first Sofitel Luxury Hotel in India at the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), in suburban Mumbai, by the end of December 2011.

The 302-room Sofitel Mumbai will include 49 superior rooms, 182 luxury rooms, 40 club Millesime rooms, 22 prestige suites, eight junior suites and one imperial suite.

India-based realtor Shree Naman Group, which holds a 60% stake in the project, will develop the property. Accor owns the remaining 40% stake in the venture.

In 2006, Accor acquired a 40% stake in Sofitel BKC for $16m out of the total project cost of about Rs4000m ($75m).

Initially, Sofitel will open 144 rooms at BKC as a soft launch and the full range of rooms, including 31 suites, will be available from February 2012.

The opening of the new hotel is expected to increase competition in the central business district of BKC.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Accor will also introduce one more Sofitel hotel in the Mulund district of Mumbai, as well as developing another hotel under its budget Sofitel brand at the same location.

Both hotels, which are expected to be operational in 2015, are on a management contract with Accor.

The company is planning to have seven hotels and 2,000 rooms in India by 2015, with a focus on major cities like Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai.

Accor is currently operating in 120 locations across 40 countries, approximately a third of which are owned by the company.