North America’s tourism & leisure industry saw a drop of 35.48% in deal activity during November 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Hyatt Hotels’ $300m asset transaction with Dream Hotel Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 20 tourism & leisure industry deals worth $611.9m were announced for the region in November 2022, against the 12-month average of 31 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2022 with 12 transactions, representing a 60% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 35% and 5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s tourism & leisure industry with $568.55m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $43.38m.
North America tourism & leisure industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 99.5% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $608.8m, against the overall value of $611.9m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hyatt Hotels’s $300m asset transaction deal with Dream Hotel Group
2) The $267.8m asset transaction for 210-Room Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North by Braemar Hotels & Resorts
3) 14W Venture Partners, Brian Kelly, Charles River Ventures, Declaration Partners, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Alba and William Morris Endeavor’s $26m venture financing deal with ResortPass
4) The $9m venture financing of Hoken Holdings by B&Y Venture Partners and Streamlined Ventures
5) Enduring Ventures’s $6m venture financing deal with At Mine Hospitality