Total tourism & leisure industry cross border deals worth $1.4bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $650m venture financing of FlixMobility being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 56.8% over the previous month of $3.33bn and a drop of 31.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.09bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 41.18% with 24 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 17 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $983.2m in June 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry cross border deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 88.8% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.28bn, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry cross border deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake with Atletico HoldCo by Ares Management
3) Mwendo Holdings’ $181.5m acquisition of 21.4% stake in BetKing
4) The $138.61m venture financing deal of BUSER BRASIL TECNOLOGIA by Canary Fund – Brazil, Globo Ventures, Iporanga Ventures, Lightrock, Monashees, SoftBank and Valor Capital Group
5) Claret Capital Partners, HV Capital Adviser, INKEF Capital, Partech Partners, Rocket Internet, RTP Global – UK and SevenGrowth’s venture financing deal with Urban Sports for $95.23m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.