Total Tourism & leisure industry cross border deals worth $2bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $1.29bn private equity deal with Associazione Calcio Milan being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 468.4% over the previous month of $348.35m and a drop of 54.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.37bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 40.00% with 28 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 20 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.73bn in June 2022.
Tourism & leisure industry cross border deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 88.7% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.75bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five Tourism & leisure industry cross border deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) RedBird Capital Partners $1.29bn private equity deal with Associazione Calcio Milan
2) The $313.62m acquisition of BetCity Network by Entain
3) Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Lazard Asset Management,New Enterprise Associates,Stack Capital Group and Temasek Holdings (Private) $80m venture financing deal with Omio
4) The $38m private equity deal with Adventure Forest by Sun Capital Partners
5) Accomplice Management,Arctos Sports Partners,Courtside Ventures,Elysian Park Ventures,Haslam Sports Group,James Harden,Jason Robins,Joel Embiid,Lil Baby,Michael Rubin,Mike Gordon,Sam Kennedy,Sapphire Sport,The Kraft Group and Theo Epstein $35m venture financing deal with Lottomatrix Operations