Total tourism & leisure industry deals for July 2020 worth $1.32bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 67.8% over the previous month and a drop of 77.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.8bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 31.3% over the last 12-month average with 68 deals against the average of 99 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $719.9m.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in July 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 57.2% of the overall value during July 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $753.14m, against the overall value of $1.32bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of July 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) East Ventures, FWD Group, GIC, Qatar Investment Authority and Siam Commercial Bank’s $250m venture financing of Traveloka Group of Companies
2) The $180.54m acquisition of CAR by Jiangxi Jinggangshan BAIC Investment Management
3) NREP’s $167.99m asset transaction with Strawberry Forever
4) The $80m asset transaction with Sunstone Hotel Investors by The Buccini/Pollin Group
5) Sino Pacific TradingLimited’s asset transaction with Caydon Property Group for $74.61m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.