Total tourism & leisure industry deals for Q4 2019 worth $30.84bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 33.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 35% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $22.85bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.3% over the last four-quarter average with 341 deals against the average of 342 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $20.78bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 51.1% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $15.76bn, against the overall value of $30.84bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ‘s $6bn merger of The Stars Group and Flutter Entertainment
2) The $4.25bn asset transaction with MGM Resorts International by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust
3) Cineworld Group’s $2.13bn acquisition of Cineplex
4) The $1.89bn private equity deal with Great Wolf Resorts by The Blackstone Group
5) Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ritesh Agarwal, Sequoia India and SoftBank Vision Fund’s venture financing of Oravel Stays for $1.5bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.