Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $1.59bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $403.57m asset transaction with KKRInc being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 73.5% over the previous month of $6.01bn and a drop of 64.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.43bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28.38% with 53 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 74 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $767.86m in February 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 69.7% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.11bn, against the overall value of $1.59bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Greystar Real Estate Partners’ $403.57m asset transaction with KKRInc
2) The $220.5m private equity deal with by Ares Real Estate Group and Generation Partners
3) Carlyle Asia Partners V’s $200m private equity deal with Kakao Mobility
4) The $182m asset transaction deal for acquisition of Kumho Resort by Kumho Petrochemical
5) Pro-invest Group’s asset transaction deal with Greenland (Australia) Investment for $102.25m.