Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $1.59bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $403.57m asset transaction with KKRInc being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 73.5% over the previous month of $6.01bn and a drop of 64.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.43bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28.38% with 53 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 74 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $767.86m in February 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 69.7% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.11bn, against the overall value of $1.59bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Greystar Real Estate Partners’ $403.57m asset transaction with KKRInc
2) The $220.5m private equity deal with by Ares Real Estate Group and Generation Partners
3) Carlyle Asia Partners V’s $200m private equity deal with Kakao Mobility
4) The $182m asset transaction deal for acquisition of Kumho Resort by Kumho Petrochemical
5) Pro-invest Group’s asset transaction deal with Greenland (Australia) Investment for $102.25m.