Total Tourism & leisure industry deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the $550.76m private equity deal with Raag Hotels being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 74.4% over the previous month of $7.43bn and a drop of 76.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.94bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 21.31% with 48 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 61 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $955.73m in April 2022.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 84.4% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.6bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five Tourism & leisure industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Special Opportunities 6 Fund $550.76m private equity deal with Raag Hotels
2) The $470m acquisition of ReKTGlobal by Infinite Reality
3) Atairos Management and NBCUniversal Media $293m private equity deal for 30% stake in OEG Attractions Holdings
4) The $176m acquisition of Fortress State International by TKTR Investment
5) Better Collective $113.31m acquisition deal with Futbin