Churchill Downs’ $3bn acquisition deal with Sioux City Entertainment was the tourism & leisure industry’s biggest deal of Q3 2022 as deals worth $13.3bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 9.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 53.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $28.67bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.41% with 200 deals in Q3 2022 against the average of 239.25 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.47bn.
tourism & leisure industry deals in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals accounted for 39.9% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5.31bn, against the overall value of $13.3bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Churchill Downs’s $3bn acquisition deal with Sioux City Entertainment
2) The $944.32m acquisition of 75% stake in SuperSport by Entain
3) Cain International and The Saudi Public Investment Fund’s $900m private equity deal with Aman Group
4) The $300m venture financing deal with PT Traveloka Indonesia by Allianz Global Investors, BlackRock Capital Investment, Indonesia Investment Authority and Orion Capital Asia
5) Fattal Group’s $168.01m acquisition deal with Dunas Capital and KKR