Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $9.4bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $6.25bn private equity deal with The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 330.9% over the previous month of $2.17bn and a rise of 15.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.07bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 17.74% with 51 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 62 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.33bn in February 2022.
tourism & leisure industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 92.6% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $8.65bn, against the overall value of $9.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management and VICI Properties $6.25bn private equity deal with The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort
2) The $1.3bn private equity of Prince Hotels by Reco Pine
3) Saluda Grade $500m venture financing deal with AvantStay
4) The $372.2m acquisition of OPAP by Allwyn Entertainment
5) Hawkins Way Capital and Varde Partners $233m private equity deal with Host Hotels & Resorts