Total tourism & leisure industry M&A deals worth $170.4m were announced globally in October 2022, led by Marriott International’s $100m asset transaction with Hoteles City Express SAB de CV, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 95.1% over the previous month of $3.48bn and a drop of 95.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $3.79bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $100m. At the country level, the Mexico topped the list in terms of deal value at $100m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in October 2022 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the UK with three and India with two.
In 2022, as of October, tourism & leisure M&A deals worth $30.36bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 47.8% year on year.
tourism & leisure industry M&A deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 99.8% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure M&A deals stood at $170.08m, against the overall value of $170.4m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry M&A deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Marriott International’s $100m asset transaction deal with Hoteles City Express SAB de CV
2) The $29.93m acquisition of PaulCamper and PaulCamper Insurance Broker by Camplify
3) Tabcorp Holdings’s $20.98m acquisition deal for 20% stake in Dabble Sports
4) The $12.19m acquisition of Belle Isle Property by Atlan Holdings
5) Baokang Chufeng Chemical’s $6.98m acquisition deal with Baokang Sante Jiuluzhai Tourism Development