- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 37.1% over the previous month of $4.58bn and a rise of 120.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.85bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.88bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.74bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in April 2021 was the US with 17 deals, followed by the UK with five and Japan with three.
In 2021, as of April, tourism & leisure M&A deals worth $17.32bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 18.8% year on year.
tourism & leisure industry M&A deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 87.4% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure M&A deals stood at $5.49bn, against the overall value of $6.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry M&A deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Daniel Ek $2.5bn acquisition deal with Arsenal FC
2) The $1.5bn acquisition of Minnesota Lynx and Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball by Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore
3) $650m merger deal with Gores Metropoulos II and Sonder
4) The $535.28m acquisition of Big Time Gaming by Evolution Gaming Group
5) Bally ‘s $308m asset transaction deal with Gaming and Leisure Properties