Total tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals worth $836.2m were announced globally in Q3 2022, led by $300m venture financing of PT Traveloka Indonesia, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 68.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 43.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.49bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals worth $536.23m in the period. At the country level, the Indonesia topped the list in terms of deal value at $300m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2022 was the US with 15 deals, followed by India with six and Republic of Korea (South Korea) with five.
In 2022, at the end of , venture financing deals worth $836.2m were announced globally in tourism & leisure industry, marking a decrease of 40.4% year on year.
venture financing deals in tourism & leisure industry in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals in tourism & leisure industry accounted for 69.5% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $581.24m, against the overall value of $836.2m recorded for the quarter.
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allianz Global Investors, BlackRock Capital Investment, Indonesia Investment Authority and Orion Capital Asia’s $300m venture financing deal with PT Traveloka Indonesia
2) The $148.28m venture financing of Xiangdao Chuxing by Gaoxing Management Consulting, Momenta Group and SAIC Motor
3) Accelerated Digital Ventures, Alfvén & Didrikson, Campden Hill Capital, Cerebrum Tech, Jim O’Neill and Legal & General(Inactive)’s $60m venture financing deal with Onto Holdings
4) The $38m venture financing of Collaborative Boating by Certares Management, Level Equity and Suntex Marinas
5) DG Incubation, FITZ (Japan), Pro and Toka’s $34.96m venture financing deal with Section L