US tourism & leisure industry saw a rise of 5% in overall deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Rob Walton’s $4.65bn acquisition of Denver Broncos, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 21 deals worth $4.9bn were announced in June 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 20 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 13 deals, which accounted for 61.9% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with five deals, followed by private equity with three transactions, respectively accounting for 23.8% and 14.3% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US tourism & leisure industry with total deals worth $4.82bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $38m and $20.6m, respectively.
US tourism & leisure industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals accounted for 96.6% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $4.71bn, against the overall value of $4.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Rob Walton $4.65bn acquisition deal with Denver Broncos
2) The $38m private equity deal with Adventure Forest by Sun Capital Partners
3) Accomplice,Corazon Capital,M25 Ventures,Math Venture Partners and New Stack Ventures $10.25m venture financing deal with TripScout
4) The $7m venture financing of TASK FORCE ZERO by Conversion Venture Capital and Otium Capital
5) Andreessen Horowitz,FJ Labs,Maveron,Max-Ventures,OneTeam Partners,Pareto Ventures and Will Ventures $3m venture financing deal with The Post