This expansion includes entering new markets and offering various luxury and lifestyle experiences to cater to high-end travellers.
Over the past five years, Hyatt has witnessed substantial growth globally, doubling the number of luxury rooms, tripling the number of resort rooms and quadrupling the number of lifestyle rooms.
This growth has solidified Hyatt’s position as a premier hotel brand for high-end travellers, with luxury, lifestyle and resort hotels now making up more than 40% of its portfolio.
Expanding through acquisitions
Hyatt has made strategic acquisitions to further enhance its offerings for guests and members. The recent acquisition of Mr & Mrs Smith, a global travel platform specialising in boutique and luxury properties, will provide World of Hyatt members with an expanded range of stays and experiences.
This acquisition aligns with Hyatt’s goal of catering to the evolving demands of luxury travellers.
In early 2023, Hyatt acquired Dream Hotel Group, adding a vibrant portfolio of lifestyle hotel brands, including Dream Hotels, The Chatwal, The Time New York and Unscripted Hotels.
This acquisition opens up new stay options and lifestyle experiences in popular destinations such as Nashville, Hollywood, South Beach and New York City.
It also strengthens Hyatt’s presence in Mexico’s emerging leisure market, with the forthcoming Dream Valle de Guadalupe set to offer a unique vineyard experience and luxury amenities.
Hyatt’s luxury and lifestyle brands vice-president and global brand leader Crystal Vinisse Thomas emphasised the importance of providing authentic leisure travel experiences.
She stated, “As we look ahead to 2024 and beyond, we strive to create more opportunities for high-end travellers to reconnect in immersive retreats, explore the hearts of new destinations and revisit their tried-and-true favourites.”
Strategic growth continues with newly announced properties
Hyatt is set to expand its luxury and lifestyle brand footprint with several newly announced hotel deals in key leisure markets:
- Hyatt Centric Santo Domingo (2024): This will be the first Hyatt Centric hotel in the Dominican Republic, located in Santo Domingo’s modern business district, offering 130 guestrooms and suites with convenient access to prominent restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
- Cas en Bas Beach Resort (2024): Positioned as the first Destination by Hyatt branded resort and residences on Saint Lucia, this property will boast a spectacular beachfront location, a pool, spa, wellness centre and a variety of dining options.
- Hyatt Centric Querétaro (2025): Located in downtown Querétaro, Mexico, this hotel will feature 105 modern guestrooms, a rooftop pool and multiple dining concepts, including a coffee shop and rooftop bar.
New stay experiences in sought-after leisure markets
Hyatt is introducing new hotels across the US, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean, inviting guests to experience its luxury and lifestyle brands across different portfolios:
- Boundless collection: This collection includes upcoming Thompson Hotels properties in various leisure locations in the US and Mexico, featuring unique amenities and experiences.
- Timeless collection: Several new properties such as Park Hyatt Los Cabos at Cabo del Sol (2024) and Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort & Spa (2024), will offer elevated experiences in their respective regions.
- Inclusive collection: Expanding in the Caribbean and Mexico, this collection includes Secrets St Lucia Resort & Spa (2024) and various all-inclusive resorts to cater to different preferences.
New luxury & lifestyle hotels are now open
In 2023, Hyatt opened several notable luxury and lifestyle hotels and resorts in the Americas region, providing travellers with diverse experiences across various destinations.
World of Hyatt bonus journeys
World of Hyatt is offering members a global promotion, allowing them to earn 3,000 Bonus Points for every three eligible nights completed between 6 October 2023 and 30 November 2023, at more than 1,250 Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide.
This promotion aims to enhance the value and rewards for travellers exploring the world.