Total tourism & leisure industry deals for September 2020 worth $7.11bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 291.7% over the previous month and a rise of 44.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.91bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 43.3% over the last 12-month average with 51 deals against the average of 90 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $3.76bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 96.7% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $6.87bn, against the overall value of $7.11bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management and Caesars Entertainment’s $3.69bn private equity deal with William Hill
2) The $2.8bn asset transaction with Colony Capital by Highgate Hotels
3) Corporate Travel Management’s $193.78m acquisition of Travel & Transport
4) The $110m venture financing of Tonal Systems by L Catterton, Mayfield Fund, Michelle Wie, Mousse Partners, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Sapphire Sport, Shasta Ventures Management, Stephen Curry and Transformational Healthcare Venture Capital
5) Cool Japan Fund, MindWorks Capital, Monk’s Hill Ventures and National Development Fund’s venture financing of KKday.com InternationalLtd for $75m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.