Find out how one of Croatia’s largest hotel groups focuses on the web and social networks and leverages the new online booking solution to achieve 60% of all sales directly online, and nearly 2,000 visits per day, on the website www.losinj-hotels.com.
From 2009 to today, hotel-LAB.com (GP Dati’s consulting/web projects division) has been assisting Lošinj Hotels & Villas (hotel group of Lošinj Island with a hosting capacity of over 3,500) in its web strategy by designing the group’s site, its social network strategy, and the setting up and running of its SEO.
The goal was clear: to boost the group’s online presence. The strategy proposed by the hotel-LAB.com team and shared with the customer has proved to be a winner: to promote the group’s services through the web, differentiating them according to the various target segments. The online booking system had to be simple and intuitive, and also integrated with the CRS in use.
Just 4 years on, let’s take a look at the results:
- Daily visits to the website: July 2009: 713 / July 2012: 1,912
- Share of online sales: online bookings 60% / OTA (Online Travel Agencies) 40%
- Room revenues out of the total: online bookings 10.70% / OTA 7%
- Room nights out of the total: online bookings 7.13% / OTA 4.57%
- Facebook: over 8 thousand fans
The benefits acknowledged by Lošinj Hotels & Villas:
- Innovative approach to website development
- Easy-to-use applications
- Fast content updating
- Web-based product integrated with single centralised database
- Facility for sending newsletters to targeted user-bases