Total tourism & leisure industry deals for Q3 2020 worth $12.21bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 38.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 30.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $17.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 33.2% over the last four-quarter average with 201 deals against the average of 301 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.51bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 75.5% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $9.22bn, against the overall value of $12.21bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management and Caesars Entertainment’s $3.69bn private equity deal with William Hill
2) The $2.8bn asset transaction with Colony Capital by Highgate Hotels
3) ‘s $1.78bn merger of DMY Technology Group and Rush Street Interactive
4) The $700.17m acquisition of AS Roma by The Friedkin Group
5) East Ventures, FWD Group, GIC, Qatar Investment Authority and Siam Commercial Bank’s venture financing of Traveloka Group of Companies for $250m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.