Total tourism & leisure industry deals worth $4.83bn were announced globally for January 2021, with the $1.23bn acquisition of Bourne Leisure being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 34.9% over the previous month of $3.58bn and a rise of 3.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.67bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 30.26% with 53 deals in January 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 76 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.95bn in January 2021.
Tourism & Leisure industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 49.8% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $2.4bn, against the overall value of $4.83bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $1.23bn acquisition of Bourne Leisure
2) The $430m private equity deal with Welk Hospitality Group by Marriott Vacations Worldwide
3) GVC Holdings’ $340.38m asset transaction with Nordic Leisure
4) The $204.16m acquisition deal of ASV Group by Evergreen Hospitality
5) Aspex Management, Boyu Capital Consultancy, Matrix Partners China, Sequoia Capital China and SoftBank Vision Fund 1’s venture financing deal with Klook Travel Technology for $200m.