The $650m venture financing of FlixMobility was the tourism & leisure industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1bn were announced globally in June 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 735.7% over the previous month of $120.86m and a rise of 260.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $280.49m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $773.51m. At the country level, the Germany topped the list in terms of deal value at $745.84m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2021 was the US with eight deals, followed by the China with four and Germany with four.
In 2021, as of June, tourism & leisure venture financing deals worth $2.47bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 44.8% year on year.
tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals accounted for 94% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure venture financing deals stood at $945.85m, against the overall value of $1bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $138.61m venture financing of BUSER BRASIL TECNOLOGIA by Canary Fund – Brazil, Globo Ventures, Iporanga Ventures, Lightrock, Monashees, SoftBank and Valor Capital Group
3) Claret Capital Partners, HV Capital Adviser, INKEF Capital, Partech Partners, Rocket Internet, RTP Global – UK and SevenGrowth’ $95.23m venture financing of Urban Sports
4) The $40m venture financing of TOCA Football by D2 Futbol Investors, Jared Smith, Rns Toca Partners and WestRiver Group
5) Cormark Securities and Eight Capital Partners’ venture financing of Rivalry for $22m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.