Europe’s tourism & leisure industry saw a rise of 76.19% in deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by RedBird Capital Partners‘ $1.29bn private equity deal with Associazione Calcio Milan, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 37 tourism & leisure industry deals worth $1.8bn were announced for the region in June 2022, against the 12-month average of 21 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in June 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 43.2% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 11 deals, followed by private equity deals with ten transactions, respectively capturing a 29.7% and 27.03% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s tourism & leisure industry with $1.3bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $313.62m and $136.77m, respectively.
Europe tourism & leisure industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 99.1% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $1.73bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) RedBird Capital Partners $1.29bn private equity deal with Associazione Calcio Milan
2) The $313.62m acquisition of BetCity Network by Entain
3) Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Lazard Asset Management,New Enterprise Associates,Stack Capital Group and Temasek Holdings (Private) $80m venture financing deal with Omio
4) The $35m venture financing of Lottomatrix Operations by Accomplice Management,Arctos Sports Partners,Courtside Ventures,Elysian Park Ventures,Haslam Sports Group,James Harden,Jason Robins,Joel Embiid,Lil Baby,Michael Rubin,Mike Gordon,Sam Kennedy,Sapphire Sport,The Kraft Group and Theo Epstein
5) International Finance $15m venture financing deal with Comuto