Total tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in Q3 2019 worth $2.58bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 7.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 35.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.91bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.08bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $731.92m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2019 was the US with 25 deals, followed by China with 19 and India with ten.
In 2019, as of the end of Q3 2019, tourism & leisure venture financing deals worth $7.26bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 121.04% year on year.
Tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals accounted for 62.4% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure venture financing deals stood at $1.61bn, against the overall value of $2.58bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Daimler, European Investment Bank, General Atlantic, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $560.88m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $300m venture financing of Chengjia Apartment by Boyu Capital Consultancy, CCB International (Holdings), Huazhu Hotels Group and Yunfeng Capital
3) Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec and Sequoia Capital Operations’ $275m venture financing of Bird Rides
4) The $250m venture financing of Ola Electric Mobility by SoftBank Group
5) A-ROD, Atreides Capital, Fidelity National Information Services, Greenoaks Capital Management, Greylock Partners, iiNovia Capital, Real Ventures, ScaleUP Ventures, Spark Capital, Structure Capital, Tao Capital Partners, Valor Equity Partners and Westcap Mgt.’s venture financing of Sonder for $225m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.