The $23.76m venture financing of COSI Hospitality was the tourism & leisure industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $106.78m were announced globally in March 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 23.1% over the previous month of $138.8m and a drop of 60.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $272.85m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $43.96m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $25.22m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2021 was the US with eight deals, followed by the Canada with two and India with two.
In 2021, as of March, tourism & leisure venture financing deals worth $742.95m were announced globally, marking an increase of 21.9% year on year.
tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals accounted for 37.2% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure venture financing deals stood at $39.76m, against the overall value of $106.78m recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cherry Ventures, E.Ventures, Kreos Capital Group and Soravia Group’s $23.76m venture financing of COSI Hospitality
2) The $8.8m venture financing of Dash Hong Kong by Clearmind Capital, Gobi Partners, Grosvenor Asia Pacific, MindWorks Ventures and Taronga Group
3) AXIS Capital Holdings’ $3.8m venture financing of Launchtrip Technologies
4) The $2.4m venture financing of ZenSports by Allied Venture Partners, Calm Ventures, Gaingels, MicroVentures and Twenty Five Ventures
5) Credit Wise Capital, JITO Incubation And Innovation Foundation, LetsVenture Plus and Mumbai Angels Network’s venture financing of BLive for $1m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.